Stow Atlas 1d Pallet Shuttle
Semi-automated, high density storage
The Stow pallet shuttle system is a deep lane storage and retrieval system. The heart of the system is a carrier used to move pallets within a specifically designed racking structure. This results in an optimized storage capacity.
Stow Atlas® 3.0 is the newest generation of the Stow shuttle, with top technology for a higher performance level and a top reliability, thanks to top quality components and a simple design.
The pallet shuttle system consists of a specific rack and a mobile shuttle. This shuttle is a self-powered device that runs on rails in the storage lanes to load and unload pallets. The forklift will place the pallet shuttle in front of the lane where the action is. From its home position, the shuttle performs the loading and unloading tasks without any further human intervention.
These tasks are communicated by the forklift driver using a remote control. Once the task is completed the shuttle returns to its home position and is then ready to be transported with a forklift truck to a new lane for a new task. Each shuttle unit runs on lithium batteries with a long autonomy (up to 16h) and a short charging time (max 3h).
- Speed: 0.8 m/s loaded – 1 m/s empty
- Load capacity: 25 kg – 1500 kg
- Different pallet types can be used: euro, industry & combined. Also big bags, CP 1-9, plastic pallets.
- The system is designed to work in temperatures from -30° C upwards.
- The lane depth is unlimited.
- Long lasting batteries are included. They guarantee maximum autonomy thus optimising the operating time.
- The electro-mechanical lifting device is easy to maintain, and ideal for cold store applications.
- LIFO and FIFO are possible in the same installation.
- Inventory counting.
- CE certified and ISO 9001.
The highest possible storage density
By introducing more shuttles into your racking system, the performance will increase. The system can be used for new installations as well as for refurbishments, and is independent from the number and the depth of the lanes. The automated system guarantees the highest possible storage density.
Stow Atlas 2d Pallet Shuttle
The Atlas2D shuttle system is a deep lane storage and retrieval system.
The heart of the system is a carrier able to move on either the storage lanes or on one or more main lanes. In this way the shuttle may change lanes without intervention of an operator or other transporting device.
This highly efficient storage system can be applied in both semi- and fully automated warehouses.
- The Atlas2D pallet shuttle system consists of a number of Atlas shuttles, the specially designed Stow Shuttle-rack system and the local controlling system (WCS).
- The Atlas2D is a self-powered pallet carrier, which may transport pallets on both the rails of the storage lanes and the rails of the main lanes. The so-called crossings or intersections between the storage lanes and the main lanes are designed for a smooth transition of the Atlas shuttle, loaded or not.
- In a semi-automated warehouse the pallets are received and picked at the frontside of the pallet rack by means of a conventional forklift truck. The orders are issued from the client’s WMS to the local warehouse control system (WCS), which among others selects the Atlas to perform the specific task and determines its optimum path.
- The occupancy rate of the various storage lanes, the status and operation of each shuttle and an overview of all performed tasks can be consulted on the WCS (HMI) or are transferred to the client’s main system.
2D Racking design
- Pallet-racking optimized in regard to pallet weight and number of levels
- Standard satellite rail, 210mm high
- Complete crossing construction in galvanised material, not welded
- Levelling of crossing in respect of the pallet-lanes
- Main rails and crossing profiles do not require additional height
- Main aisles executed as walkway
Docking station and cradle
- The Atlas2D can be introduced on one dedicated Main with a docking location at one end
- The Atlas2D is placed on a cradle for transport and manipulation
- The docking station with entry guides eases the entry of the shuttle with cradle, so preventing damage and falling of the Atlas2D
- In front of the docking station a door with safe lock is to be provided
- This same location is used for the on-board charging of the batteries.
- At this special crossing no lanes may be connected: this area is mainly used for the vertical bracing
Watch the installation of the Stow Atlas Shuttle Racking System for Clarebout Potatoes in Warrenton, Belgium.