NEW UPDATE TO EUROPEAN NORMS
The European norm for steel static storage systems, EN 15512:2009, has been updated.
This updated/new norm, EN 15512:2020, will become valid as of 01/06/2021.
Main changes EN 15512:2020 :
- Global imperfection :
- Changed formula which leads to an increased sway imperfection of the pallet racking structure.
- Equivalent cross-section properties :
- EN 15512:2009 : considers the gross cross-section properties of the upright -> Upright without considering perforations.
- EN 15512:2020 : considers the equivalent cross-section properties of the upright -> Upright with considering perforations.
- Material factor γM :
- EN 15512:2009 : γM = 1.0
- EN 15512:2020 : γM = 1.1
- Additional beam moment and deflection due to looseness beam connector :
- Extra moment at the midspan of the beams due to looseness of the connector (beam-upright) is taken in to account.
- Redistribution of the beam moments is not allowed anymore.
- Impact EN 15512:2020 :
In overall, the above changes will lead to an average of 5 to 7% more steel per project.
- Application domain EN 15512:2020 :
The new norm is applicable for all pallet racking systems:
- Pallet racking
- High-bay racking, satellite racking,..
- Mobile racking
- Shuttle racking 1D & 2D
- Dynamic racking (pallet flow racking with rollers)
- Pick towers based on pallet racking components
The new norm is not applicable for drive-in/through racks.
- Implementation EN 15512:2020 :
- All projects with order date before 01/06/2021 and with delivery before 01/09/2021 can still be calculated according the old norm EN 15512:2009.
- All projects with order date as of 01/06/2021 or delivery later than 01/09/2021 must be calculated according the new norm EN 15512:2020.